Restoring a Berkel
The method for restoring a Berkel slicer
The restoration of a historical Berkel slicer is a purely artisan operation and can vary considerably depending on the manual skill of our team of cratfsmen.
Our 10 years guarantee is applied to all this:
- We have the only true facility dedicated to restoring only vintage Berkel brand flywheel slicers and scales;
- We provide you with an official Berkel certificate of authenticity: thanks to this collaboration, we are able to repair in a certified way and replace any worn or damaged part with original parts;
- The trademarks applied on our Berkel machines are regularly reproduced under Berkel licence;
- We supply you with Berkel branded white opaline plates;
- Each decoration is faithful to the original;
- We apply a transparent varnish to protect the brands and decorations;
- We create the exact copy of the original pedestal with 4 feet (the one with 3 feet has nothing of Berkel about it), on which a specific spider is mounted for each model.
We are the certified company for the restoration of every model of antique flywheel slicer: contact us to ask for a free quotation.
We invite you to be wary of…
- People who want to sell slicers under the name “hobbyist” or “collector”. Make sure they have a valid VAT number and provide a valid certificate of authenticity.
- General traders who display a thousand different products in their shop. A Berkel is a jewel that must be restored by specialised professionals and only those who have actually touched the restoration with their own hands can guarantee this.
The work phases for a workmanlike restoration
- Repair of worn parts;
- Metal treatment;
- Chrome plating;
To find out more about the world of restoration of old-fashioned manual slicers, contact La Bottega del Restauro.